As a commonly used transportation tool, electric vehicles are convenient and fast, but fire safety can not be ignored. What is the cause of fire in electric vehicles? What are the fire safety instructions for parking and charging places for electric vehicles?
First, the cause of the fire in the electric car
1. Line aging: The electric vehicle has been used for a long time, and the connection route inside the vehicle is easy to age, short circuit, and cause combustion.
2, battery short circuit: electric vehicle battery has a long service life, the internal circuit is easy to short circuit, causing spontaneous combustion.
3. Overcharge: Overcharging will cause the battery to heat up, bulge or even explode. The charge is usually 8 to 10 hours.
4, private pull the wire: privately messed up the wire to charge the electric car, easily lead to short circuit caused by fire.
Second, it is strictly forbidden to park and charge electric vehicles indoors and in corridors.
The experiment proves that once the electric vehicle catches fire, it burns quickly, the heat value is high, and the toxic smoke spreads rapidly, which will quickly lead to the whole building being trapped in a state of toxic smoke, which is very likely to cause casualties and even a group of fires.
Third, electric vehicle parking, charging site fire safety instructions
1. Electric vehicles should be parked and recharged in separate areas outside the building (such as carports or garages). This area should maintain a certain safety distance from adjacent buildings.
2, can not set up a separate area and must be attached to the building, can only be placed in the first floor or underground floor, and must meet the relevant fire safety requirements.
3. Electric vehicles are strictly prohibited from being parked and recharged in the evacuation passages, safety exits, stairwells (door openings), floor corridors and elevators of residential buildings.
4. Electric vehicles are strictly prohibited from being parked and recharged in group rented houses and crowded places. Electric vehicles or their batteries must not be recharged in residential buildings and on balconies.
5. A charging device should be installed in the centralized charging area of the electric vehicle. The charging device should have functions such as timed power off, overload protection, short circuit protection, and leakage protection.